Friday, February 12, 2010

Today was a VERY special day for me. I am in Houston to meet with the Multihousing Ministry Team. It just so happens that one of the first converts from my first apartment ministry 24 years ago is home on leave from Bangkok, Thailand and is furloughing in Houston. When I got to my hotel John, his wife Ruth and their children Timothy and Hannah met me there. It was a wonderful reunion. It is so amazing to think that 24 years ago John did not even know the Lord and now he and his family have been missionaries in Thailand for many years now. I remember that, when he first found the Lord, we could not shut him up. He told everyone everywhere about his new found Friend. Now he is half way around the world doing the same thing. Time has not changed a thing in our relationship. It is still as wonderful as it was then. The only thing that is different is that we don't get to spend as much time together as we once did. What a thrill it is to be able to see some of the fruit God has produced through His awesome way of using us to increase His territory. Praise His name!

No comments:

Post a Comment